Do you have gaps in your teeth due to loss of a tooth? Is the missing tooth causing chewing problems? Are your missing teeth affecting your confidence? If yes, then we at Pulp Dental Hospital have a permanent solution of dental bridges to fill the tooth gaps
Pulp Dental is a well-known dental hospital in Chennai. We are famous for our premium quality dental treatments. We offer 24/7 state-of-the-art dental care to our patients. Our treatment is as per the international standards with the best outcomes.
Our chief dentist Dr. Ganesh Vaiyapuri is an expert and reputed dentist in Nungambakkam for providing the best dental bridge treatment. He is having an experience of more than 15 years in orthodontic treatments.
Read on to know about dental bridges, who needs dental bridges, their cost, types, advantages, and more.
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is an artificial tooth. It is placed and held with the help of natural teeth. Porcelain is the most widely used material for dental bridges as it can match with the neighboring teeth providing a natural look.
Who is an ideal candidate for using a dental bridge?
A dental bridge can help if you:
- Have a missing tooth or teeth due to dental decay, gum disease, and trauma.
- Are born with missing tooth due to a congenital condition.
- Have healthy teeth on the adjacent side of the missing tooth.
Why do you need to fix dental bridges?
Your teeth work altogether. If a tooth is absent, nearby teeth can move into space. The teeth in your opposite jaw can also move up or down. It can cause:
- Chewing difficulties.
- Bite problems.
- Pain from the excess stress on your teeth and jaw.
- Self-consciousness about the way you look or smile.
What is the cost of a dental bridge?
Pulp Dental Hospital helps with your dental problems and takes your stress back by giving cost-effective treatment. So that the entire focus is on providing the best treatment at the correct time. But the dental bridge cost also relies on various factors like:
- The material used for the dental bridge
- The complexity level of the treatment
- The location of the dental clinic
- Treatment of any prior existing issues such as periodontal disease
Procedure to fix the dental bridge
- After the X-ray, when the dentist knows that the patient needs a tooth implant bridge, the first step is to get an impression of the entire set of your teeth to see the mouth's chewing pattern.
- The dentist gives local anesthesia to make the area numb. Further, your dentist fixes the abutment or neighboring teeth to provide support to the dental crown.
- The dentist makes another impression to detect any missing gaps and uses it to fit the crown until the dentist puts a temporary plastic bridge.
- The final step is to revisit your dentist so that they can make the necessary changes. After that, the dental bridge is fixed in its place, permanently.
Types of dental bridges
A traditional bridge is one of the most widely used bridges. It includes a synthetic tooth held by a crown attached using cement to the natural teeth. The dentist places the traditional dental bridge wherein the natural teeth are present on each side of the gap.
A cantilever bridge is an artificial tooth fixed near the crown connected to only one natural tooth. The dentist puts the cantilever bridge only where one natural tooth is present to support the missing tooth.
Maryland bridge is similar to the traditional dental bridge. But instead of dental crowns, it utilizes a metal or porcelain framework bonded onto the back of the natural teeth.
A composite bridge is ideal for patients with one or two missing teeth looking for an easy and inexpensive solution to their replacement problem. The dentist fills a composite bonding material into the missing space.
The implant-supported bridge has earned popularity as there is a limited risk of injury to the nearby natural teeth. There is no support required by trimmed down tooth roots with crowns or bulky substructures. Implants hold these types of bridges entirely. This type of bridge offers sufficient spacing for you to clean within the dental implants.
Benefits of dental bridges
- Improve your smile
- Restore the capability to eat and speak correctly
- Maintain the appearance of your face
- Distribute the force in your bite precisely by replacing missing teeth
- Protect existing teeth from drifting out of place
Why choose Pulp Dental Hospital for dental bridges?
At Pulp Dental Hospital, we have a team of highly qualified, skillful, and experienced dentists. We are experts in smile correction and designing.
Our dentists have great experience in treating patients with complex dental conditions. Hence, our patients have extensive trust and faith in us.
Pulp Dental Hospital has the state-of-the-art dental infrastructure, including chairs for dental procedures, dental X-ray machine, etc.
Our hospital is one of its kind dental hospitals that give 24x7 dental care. We serve domestic and international patients across the USA, Switzerland, Russia, France, Canada, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, and several other countries.
To avail of the best dental bridges in Nungambakkam, Chennai, please book an appointment today with our highly qualified and expert dentist.
Frequently asked questions
Q) Does a dental bridge last for longer?
Your dental bridge can last for around 5 to 15 years. It is essential to know how long your bridge would serve, depending on your maintenance and oral hygiene habits.
Q) Is the dental bridge fixing process painful?
The dental bridge fixing procedure is painless as your dentist uses a local anesthetic while paring the teeth and taking an impression.
Q) Is a dental implant cheaper than a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is generally much more affordable than an implant when you look at the up-front costs.