Many people are opting for teeth whitening in Nungambakkam. It is becoming more and more popular every day. But why is that the case?
Your smile is the first thing that people notice when they meet you. Straight, white teeth are not just for famous people.
Over many years, cosmetic dentistry advancements have made teeth whitening affordable and safer for you for a bright smile. But why are people visiting their dental hospital in Chennai and opting for a white smile?
According to research, 96% of adults think an attractive smile makes you more appealing to the opposite gender. Also, 74% of adults believe an unattractive smile can damage your chances for a successful career.
Getting a straight clean smile makes you more confident and enhances your career and social opportunities.
Why should you go for teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is becoming an essential dental treatment in people’s lifestyles. Everywhere you see, from social media to magazines to posters in malls, white teeth are everywhere!
Maybe you are still doubtful regarding teeth whitening. Fortunately, teeth whitening is a safe, life-improving process. It can positively affect both your physical appearance and psychological health. Moreover, it is a beneficial treatment for yellowing teeth.
Here are four reasons why you should do teeth whitening:
Teeth whitening boosts your self-confidence
Teeth whitening can skyrocket your self-confidence. Whether you are at your workplace, on a date, or just taking a walk, a smile with bright, sparkly teeth is difficult to miss. Also, whiter teeth are a sign to others that you care for yourself and about your appearance. People near you can notice this.
Teeth whitening enhances your appearance
You may have the healthiest teeth and the straightest smile. Still, you are not immune to the harm that food and drink can bring. Foods, soda, tea, and coffee can stain your teeth over time.
After a teeth whitening procedure, you begin to notice the difference without ‘filter’ or edit your photos. Teeth whitening helps combat stains from your regular food and drink.
Teeth whitening minimizes the look of wrinkles
If you are conscious about wrinkles, a teeth whitening procedure is a fantastic choice for you. Instead of seeing your wrinkles, people will focus on your bright white smile. This will draw attention away from acne scars, wrinkles, and frown lines.
Teeth whitening does not empty your pockets
Teeth whitening procedure is not as expensive as plastic surgery. A touch-up kit after an in-office treatment can make the effect of your teeth whitening long-lasting. The combination of teeth whitening plus an at-home kit is not that costly, producing better results.
The list goes on. All the reasons point at one purpose and goal – to get the smile you always wanted.
Yellow teeth are not always a sign that you are not taking care of yourself. There are many other factors in your lifestyle that can cause yellow teeth.
Why are my teeth turning yellow?
Many factors will cause a yellow build-up on your teeth. The reasons why you may experience yellow looking teeth are the following:
- Drinking tea or coffee regularly
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products damage all aspects of your oral hygiene, particularly your teeth’s color
- An unhealthy diet can damage the color of your teeth, particularly if you eat the following daily:
- Processed foods that contain high acid levels
- Sugary candies and drinks can worsen your enamel (coffee, tea, wine)
- Highly acidic and sugar-rich fruits
- Your age can harm your teeth. Discolouration starts in your late twenties or thirties, depending on various lifestyle factors and genetics.
- Xerostomia (dry mouth condition) due to low saliva levels. It can prevent the enamel on your teeth from being nourished with healthy bacteria-fighting agents.
- If your fluoride consumption levels are high, this can harm your enamel (typically starts in childhood). It can cause yellowing.
- There are some antibiotics that may destroy your enamel and make your teeth vulnerable to discolouring.
- The development of bacterial deposits (plaque and tartar) can ruin your teeth and how they appear.
Determine the reason your teeth are losing or have already lost their glowing white color. While there are instances where other factors may cause yellow teeth, you must manage your lifestyle habits first. So, try to change them and adopt healthy dental hygiene.
Consult your dentist about your dental health. They can tell you how a teeth whitening procedure can benefit your teeth condition.