Toothache is a widespread problem among all. Everybody has experienced a toothache at any point in life. There are numerous reasons available that may cause toothache. Whatever the reason is, your dental pain becomes unbearable sometimes.
So, are you suffering from a toothache in Nungambakkam Chennai?
Do you know that few home remedies are effective in preventing toothache?
Here, we will discuss about the home remedies for toothache.
Over 90% of adults suffer from tooth decay or other problems. It is prevalent to experience a toothache. If not treated timely, the effects of the toothache can lead you to severe condition. You may need to undergo dental surgery, as well.
You can avail the of professional treatment for your toothache from us at any time.
I bet most of you do not even know how beneficial some of the readily available toothache tools are. There are various affordable treatment methods you can try at home.
- Cold compress- You can use an ice pack or place ice and wrap that in a cloth. Please do it for 10 to 15 minutes to get relieved from the pain. You can also apply it on your cheek where you are feeling toothache. In a few seconds, your brain receives the signals of coldness from your finger nerves. This cooling sensation is so intense that it will overpower your dental pain. It also helps to reduce inflammation and swelling in your teeth.
- Peppermint tea- If you don’t like the cold, you can opt for some brewing tea. Peppermint tea smells excellent and has numbing properties in it. Apply one teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves into boiling water and leave it to brew for about 20 minutes. Then wash your mouth with the mouthwash. In case you do not have any dried tea leaves, tea bags will also work, brew it properly and let it cool. Apply it to the painful area. Remember, this pain reliever is safe, but for temporary use only. In case you want it to last, you should repeat the process once the pain comes back in a few minutes.
- Hydrogen peroxide- Hydrogen peroxide is a pain reliever that will help you to manage the discomfort. It does not only reduce plaque but heal bleeding gums and kills harmful bacteria also. You can use it as a mouthwash as well. All you need to do is mixing of hydrogen peroxide with equal parts of water. Once you spit out the mixture, make sure to rinse your mouth with pure water a few times.
- Clove or clove oil- Clove is a spice. It is not only a great tool to give your meal a unique flavor but a powerful healer also. Clove has been treating toothaches for ages. It has eugenol, which is a natural antiseptic. It has been widely recommended in Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. Cloves are used for the making of toothpaste and mouthwashes also. It is a useful temporary solution for dental emergencies.
- Guava leaves- The guava leaves are anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial; they alleviate toothaches and relieve mouth ulcers and swollen gums. Either you chew a leaf or two until the juice starts working on the problematic tooth. You can use a few numbers of guava leaves in hot water. Allow the liquid to cool to a temperature so that you can use it. After that, add a sprinkle of sea salt. Use this solution as your mouthwash.
- Thyme- Another remedy is thyme. Ancient Egyptians themselves not only use it as a popular spice but a powerful medication also. It can treat acne and help to lower your blood pressure. Thyme’s antibacterial and antioxidant properties make it an excellent toothache treatment tool. You can use a few drops of thyme oil with water. Once the oil is mixed, apply it with a cotton ball to the painful area. You can make a Thyme mouthwash by adding a few drops of essential oil to a small glass of water.
- Wheatgrass- Wheatgrasses also have antibacterial properties in them. It offers both long-term and short-term advantages. While treating tooth decay and pain, chew wheatgrass directly or use its juice as a mouthwash for the best result. It reduces toxins from gums and supplies essential nutrients and also reduces bacterial growth therein. It also provides you with fresh breath as a bonus if you use it regularly. Its chlorophyll packed with amino acids, vitamins, calcium, and hundreds of enzymes makes it an excellent natural ingredient for gum disease and other unpleasant conditions.
Remember one thing; if you do not get a satisfactory result, you can come to us for treatment.